Georgia 811: Call Before You
Before beginning any backyard digging project, please call Georgia 811 to protect the public from harm, prevent utility service interruptions and avoid costly damage.
WHAT IS GEORGIA 811?
Georgia law requires homeowners to have utility lines marked before conducting any mechanized digging.
WHEN SHOULD I CALL 811?
You should call at least 48 hours but no more than 10 working days, excluding weekends and holidays, before starting your digging project.
WHAT TYPE OF DIGGING SHOULD I REPORT?
To be safe, any project that breaks ground should be reported to 811.
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
• Personal information: name, phone number, address, city, county and nearest cross streets
• Contact person and phone number
• Project description
• Estimated duration of project
• Scheduled start date and time
• Specific directions to your property
• Detailed property location for requested markings
• Whether any work will be done within 10 ft. of overhead high voltage power lines
HOW DO I CONTACT GEORGIA 811?
Dial 811 or visit georgia811.com for more information.