LIHEAP Appointments Available for Qualifying Families
The Partnership for Community Action, Inc. (PCA) would like to inform eligible clients who live in DeKalb, Gwinnett, Rockdale, Newton, and Walton Counties of available funds from the Georgia Department of Human Services to provide assistance with heating bills through the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP).
A portion of the funds is from the Public Service Commission and H.E.A.T. Those that are eligible will be able to apply for this one-time heating assistance payment of either $310 or $350 to help with the high cost of heating bills. Eligible clients may only receive a one-time payment per program year.
PCA's LIHEAP Program has added the convenience of scheduling Energy Assistance appointments online at www.pcaction.org or by calling our customer service number at 404.537.4300. Due to high call volumes, we strongly encourage clients to use these valuable systems in the place of walking in to expedite wait times.
Please note that a limited number of crisis walk-in are accepted Monday – Friday beginning at 7:00 a.m. at Covington Hwy location while funds are available. Crisis walk-ins service must be disconnected or will be disconnected within 3 days.
All potential clients that heat their homes with natural gas, electricity, propane, wood, kerosene, or coal, and meet the income guidelines of 60% of the median household income for Georgia, and can provide the following information may apply:
- Proof of income for all household members 18 years of age and older for the last 30 days; 90 days if irregular income. If no income, a Zero Income Form will be provided at the time of your appointment. All household members with no income must be present during the appointment time to complete this form.
- Most recent home heating bill
- Most recent electric bill.
- Verification of social security cards for all household members or some other legal proof of SS number.
- Tax returns are not an acceptable document.
- Valid ID for all household members 60 years and older.
- A Secure and Verifiable document is needed for the person applying for the household only to prove identity and citizenship.
Bringing copies of these documents, along with the originals, will expedite wait time at application intake.
Please call 404.537.4300 for general questions.