At Walton Gas, we realize the current pandemic has created hardships for many families.
“We realize that the multitude of closures may make it hard for families and businesses to meet all their obligations,” said CEO Ronnie Lee. “Because our focus is serving our customers, we want to help them get through these difficult times.”
Levelized Billing allows residential customers to pay nearly the same amount on their gas bill each month, removing the month-to-month peaks and valleys caused by changing weather, changing energy use and other factors.
Other programs available that are not administered by Walton Gas include:
ATLANTA GAS LIGHT SENIOR DISCOUNT
- Qualifying seniors are eligible for a $14 monthly discount on the base charge.
- To qualify:
- Be at least 65 years old.
- Have a total annual household income of $25,520 or less.
- Natural gas service must be in your name.
Find a mail-in application at atlantagaslight.com/residential/energy-assistance.
UNITED WAY 211
Dial 211 or visit unitedwayatlanta.org/need-help.
You can also text your zip code and need to 898211.
Qualified applicants may be able to receive home heating assistance.
- Household income must be at or below 60 percent of the state median income level.
- Person applying must be responsible for paying the energy costs of the primary home heating source and be a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.
The assistance is generally a locally issued check to the utility on your behalf. The one-time benefit ranges from $350 to $400.
Barrow, Clarke, Oconee:
DeKalb, Gwinnett, Newton, Rockdale, Walton: