- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 5 oz. can of water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cans of French-style green beans
- 1 6 oz. box long-grain wild rice, cooked
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Saute onion and water chestnuts in margarine. Mix all ingredients except cheese and pour into a 2 1/2 or 3-quart casserole dish. Top with cheese and bake for 25 minutes at 300 F. Makes 8 servings.
Submitted by Marty Mason of Norcross.
Featured recipes are not independently tested so we must depend on the accuracy of the cooks sending them. Always use safe food handling, preparation and cooking procedures from the recognized experts.
Send us your recipes!
The best recipe entry each month will appear in the Gas Up the Stove section of the Gasette and receive a FREE COOKBOOK.
Send name, address and recipes to:Walton EMC Natural Gas
Attn: Recipe P.O. Box 260
Monroe, GA 30655