We all want to conserve a little energy to make that energy bill go down a little bit. There are several easy ways to conserve energy just by being more conscious about your energy usage.
When thinking about your home appliances, there are a couple easy ways to conserve energy:
1. Use your clothes washer only on warm or cold water settings. If you eliminate or cut down on the “hot” loads you do, it can conserve energy from your water heater.
2. Fill your dishwasher completely before you run it, so you won’t waste water or energy.
3. Replace old appliances with more energy efficient ones. This is not something you have to do all at once because it could get expensive, but if you are looking to get a new appliance anyway, check out appliances with the Energy Star label because they will save energy and prevent pollution.
There are other ways to conserve energy aside from just using your appliances well. Some of those ways could be by making small investments:
4. Try installing low-flow shower heads. These shower heads will help you use less water when you are taking that daily shower.
5. Another good idea to help conserve energy is weatherizing your house or apartment. You can use caulk or weather strips to block air leaks around doors and windows and this can save your precious energy from slipping out the door.
When you conserve energy, you can save money, so keep these tips in mind to save a little bit on energy this fall.